Wind measurement with no disturbance, 1.10m above the mast.
nke’s exclusive sensor! Carbowind is a highly accurate instrument for measuring wind data.
The long vertical carbon arm places the sensor’s head more than a meter above the mast head, clear of the upwash effects that affect the wind measurements. The very light carbon wind vane is not affected by vibrations and gives excellent sensitivity. This is the best choice for racing. Read the wind shifts instantly!
Carbowind is directly connected to the TOPLINE bus.
- Power supply: 10 to 16VDC
- Consumption: 25mA
- Resolution: 1°
- Temperature measurement range : -10°C to +50°C
- Height of the carbon arm : 130 cm
- Carbon arm : external Ø 22mm – internal Ø 18mm
- Ref. 90-60-370
The wind sensor measures data used to determine:
- True wind angle and speed (when a speedometer is connected to the system) in knots or meters per second.
- Air temperature in °C or °F,
- VMG (Velocity Made Good)
- Avionic carbowind cable (17 g/m) – L : 25m # 90-60-381
- Avionic carbowind cable (17 g/m) – L: 35 m # 90-60-351
- Tube for carbowind (trapezoidal) # 90-60-537